Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back in fishing the last of the outgoing tide. It has been crazy good for the last two weeks. It took me longer to start my boat motor than to catch these fish. Two casts and I had my limit. I got a 24 and a 26 inch fish. This is a very nice grade of fish. There are lice on some of these fish. I have seen many fish in the mid thirties but personally haven't caught any that big. The fish are surfacing in the late afternoons with gannets on top all the way from here down to Point Lookout. These rockfish are in front of any of these creeks ambushing the spot as they are exiting. I haven't caught any blues lately but I am going to try to troll later today to see what is out there in the channel. It has been so windy lately I haven't had a chance to venture too far. Last year it was this week when we started plucking off trophy fish. If I do anything trolling I will update later. Michael

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Thanks for the report. I hope to be out there this weekend.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jay, I was suspecting that these fish are not resident fish. They are way too healthy and not bleached out.
Grizz, Are you going to troll with Barrys bassackwards planer boards:)? You know, the ones that pull out straighter than mine.
I am going to try those light weight parachutes that he gave me last night. I am hoping to do that today.
Ictalurus, if you are going to Kayak you might want to try to get here this evening if you can. I have a feeling the weekend is going to be a little crowded.
Michael

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
3,659 Posts
calm down Shawn, calm down.:cool2::cool2:

Thanks a lot for the rpt Mike. That sounds very promising.
:D

·
Registered
492 Posts
They work!

Grizz, Are you going to troll with Barrys bassackwards planer boards:)? You know, the ones that pull out straighter than mine.
I am going to try those light weight parachutes that he gave me last night. I am hoping to do that today.
Mike

Are you saying that Barry's bassackwards boards work?
Let me know how those light weight chutes work. He has a great idea with the LT trolling stuff.

Thank you

·
Registered
624 Posts
Those boards work well and pull straight out. I will post some pics of the boards if I get the boat all set up for them by tomorrow.

·
Registered
492 Posts
He faxed all day long.

Grizz

They do work well. :thumbup: I have a set and tried them with him last year and they pulled straight out. Those are the ones from those plans he faxed a bunch of people during one of his best "Evil Dic" episodes. ::hysterical:

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Thanks for the info, Mike. If I do fish tomorrow morning, I'll probably keep clear of the mouth since the water can be kind of confused on an ebb tide. :boat: There are some spots south of there that look interesting, at least on Google Earth, and I've been meaning to check them out for a while now.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Nice Mike....I was thinkin they should be here.. Just talked to Capt. Willie on Wednesday and he said he hadn't caught any migratory fish in the nets yet, but was catchin 4-5 that are 30-32" resident fish each day. Good to know we got some with lice on 'em. Tom

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Mike - I'll be down your place tomorrow morning around 9 or 10am with a couple buddys. Talk w/you then.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Mike and Christy; Keep those reports coming. I'm about ready to pull my boat out of the slip up above the bridge and get it ready with bigger baits for my trips south. I'll probably start seeing you in a week or two. 5th (Marty)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts