Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about looking into a larger SeaPro walkaround and was wondering if anyone could volunteer any info about how they are in rough water or in the ocean
THanks

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
hey buddy, I can't vouch for the larger sea pros personally, but I love my 22' CC. I have a customer with the 27'WA and he loves it. Good luck with the boat hunt, and I may take u up on the offer for the MSSA tourney if you are fishin it.

·
Registered
8,600 Posts
A buddy of mine had about a 2002 235cc w/ tournament package and full transom and bracket.

Here is what I liked:
1. fair amount of storage.
2. It also was suprisingly dry on a windy, choppy day late in the fall.
3. I also thought it was very attractive.
4. I felt secure with my young son and it was comfortable drift fishing with nice high gunwales
5. Once on plane ran pretty fast and was very efficient with just a 200 DFI.

Here is what didnt impress me:
1. batteries were in the bottom of the bildge and sat in water(with poor access too)
2. because of the head in the console the fuel tank was far aft in the boat making getting on plane a chore even with oversized tabs. The boat felt very transom heavy and the bow rise was quite extreme. Once it was on plane it ran very nice. (A walkaround may be completely different with the weight of the helm more forward)
3. Lots of thick/sloppy caulk around the rod holder inserts and around the helm.
4. the fore deck hatches flexed with me standing on them. (at the time I was running regularly and weighed ~150#'s)
5. Bildge access hatch in the deck stuck up and was a toe stubber in bare feet.

Overall I have to say I liked the boat. I just thought other brands in the same price range were a tad nicer. For example, I thought the Pro-line I had and the one he had looked at offered a little more quality and rode a little nicer in the same price range (personal opinion). They have completely redesigned their line up since then and I have no experience with the WA models but they were my thoughts from being his several times. If the deal is right I think one could provide you with a lot of great times on the water.

Good luck!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Andy,
When I was shopping for boats I looked at the Sea Pro hard. There boats have come a long way since they came out. We settled on a Hydra-Sport and like it very much. Mine is the 212 w/a and will handle incredably rough conditions. The thing that drew me to it is the width 8'9" and the fishability that it has. The Vector Hydra Sports are bad to the bone and would love to trade mine for one. But price being a factor, I guess I will fish this one a while longer.
GOOD LUCK,
Bill

·
Registered
805 Posts
I now own a 1995 21' WA Robalo and I 've been very very happy with this boat but like you I'm now ready for a bigger WA. 25 fter. I have looked at Pro Line, Stripper, Century, Aquasport, new Robalos, Mako, GW., Pursuit, Boston W. and Hydra S. It has been hard to beat the quality of what now own but these three made the last cut for me and in this order:

1. Boston W.
2. Hydra S.
3. Pursuit

·
Registered
559 Posts
http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7417

or maybe a classic Mako 258.

Which one are you looking at? New or used? Given the upcoming "family expansion", I would recommend you look for something with as much interior space as possible. [smile]

What happened with "The Original Battlewagon"? [grin]

·
Registered
158 Posts
I bought a 2004 25.5 WA wth a single Yamaha 225 and a full set of curtains in Oct 2004. After a year of use I have decided I made a good buy. I use it in the Potomac river and lower bay for trolling, bottom fishing and chasing breaking fish. Love it for trolling and bottom fishing. For chasing breaking fish I would recommend a CC. Ride is good in up to 3 foot seas. During the cooler weather the full set of curtains comes in mighty handy. Especially during the spring Trophy Rock season. I feel very comfortable taking the Grandkids out in it. I would buy it again!!

Hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts