Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need all the info that you might have on a Seafox 257WA. I am looking at purchasing a new boat for retirement fishing mainly in the bay out of Reedville Va. Is this boat worth the price and will it hold up? All responses are welcome and PLEASE do not hold nothing back. I am long an wants and short on cash so the boat I buy will have to last a loonngg time.

·
Registered
55 Posts
They seem ok. Everybody will have their own opinion. I seen them offshore. If you are on a budget look at used boats also and be patient.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Get a hold of Darren (Graceland II). He had one I think and had some hull problems..... He's mainly on the Virginia board

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
If you no holds bar opinions, go to thehulltruth.com and search the forum for Seafox.

Most peeps there don't like them which can be a problem if/when it's time to for resale.

Personaly, I did look at a Seafox 257WA a few years ago and didn't like the feel of the boat. I liked the lines but when I got up on deck and checked hatches/doors, I walked away. The reason was because the floor flexed and the hatches and doors seemed flimsy.

Since I have no idea on what you were looking to spend on this boat you looked at, I can't say if it's a good deal. The one I looked at was priced below everything else in it's size range but for me it still wasn't worth what they were asking.

Bottomline is that it's a personal choice. If you feel good about the boat and you feel it's good deal, go for it. Believe me it sure won't stop others from wanting to take a ride because of it's brand.

- Dae

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have a 2005 21 wa sea fox boats are very light weight but for price they beat a trophy all around but at boat show we saved 8000.00 that way we love ours we use it in the chesapeake bay and alittle in shore about 20 miles out great gas and is a great fishing boat never had a no fish day the boat catches lots of fish and you know if a boat dont catch fish its not worth having! we will be trading ours in this summer for the 25 ft also for more fishing room on deck. good luck!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts