Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tried any of the crappie holes in Dorchester itching to get out and take the little guy and need a place to start. Drawbridge, Henrys Crossing, anyone tried as of late????

·
Premium Member
26,152 Posts
I use to drive to Salisbury this time of year.Lot of shoreline fishing-just north of Rt. 50.Cross over the bridge and take 1st left.Some old bulkheads there.Open/empty lot you can park in.Across Rt. 50 is the zoo (really) and alot of shoreline there.Downstream from there is a boardwalk -try around the pilings. Skip

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am on my way to the beach this weekend with the wife and kids. Just to get away a little. We are going to fish our way down the drive. I never do freshwater stuff but figured i would take my little guy. He keeps asking when he can do his job and hold the net for the big stripers. He is addicted as well. I saw a guy come into shore sportsman the other day with a cooler of huge crappie he caught somewhere in Dorchester. I appreciate the ofer but we are headed the other way.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
:cool: :cool: Gee thanks for the great response. Mike
Aw geez man I was just kidding..

The Potomac has huge crappie just below the WW Bridge. The big issue is getting to the good water and that means very little access points. The best shore fishing is Swan Creek with fish up to 18 inches caught on minnows. If you fish the creek try to take out some trash with you as the fisherman think it is a dump most of the time. There access to the water may soon be cut off if they do not start acting right.

An average day.

Capt Mike

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've never been crappie fishing and I've got the bug bad to catch something. If I get to the potomac on a boat below the WW what should I look for this time of year deep water? Anyone know of a good local place to buy minows? Also what kind of rigs are best to use is this botom fishing, jigging, or beneath a cork?
Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I've never been crappie fishing and I've got the bug bad to catch something. If I get to the potomac on a boat below the WW what should I look for this time of year deep water? Anyone know of a good local place to buy minows? Also what kind of rigs are best to use is this botom fishing, jigging, or beneath a cork?
Thanks,
Jason
Swan Creek or Belhaven Marina or Fort Washington Marina and under a cork is best. Lower minnow till it disappears then add four inches. As far finding a store that sells minnows good luck..

Capt Mike

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow! I won't make it over that way but that looks awesome. Hopefully I can find some pullage down here...Thanks..

·
Registered
3,326 Posts

An average day.

Capt Mike
Average day??? That was an AWESOME day for us!!! Man we had a BLAST!!! Cold air, Cold Beer, and HOT fishng!!! It doesn't get any better!!! :clap: I wish I could find time this spring to do it again....:wacko:

·
Premium Member
17,405 Posts

The Potomac has huge crappie just below the WW Bridge. The big issue is getting to the good water and that means very little access points. The best shore fishing is Swan Creek with fish up to 18 inches caught on minnows. If you fish the creek try to take out some trash with you as the fisherman think it is a dump most of the time. There access to the water may soon be cut off if they do not start acting right.

An average day.

Capt Mike
Thats got to be the ugliest crew I have ever seen !!!! :):):) Damn Andy you're the worst !!!!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Thats got to be the ugliest crew I have ever seen !!!! :):):) Damn Andy you're the worst !!!!
Yes I am!! :yes: But it didnt scare the feesh away!!! Did ya notice...we broke Mike's high dollar fish holding pole stringer that day!! We were PROUD!!! :clap: :thumbup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts