Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for opinions here and I know how dangerous that can be .

In MD the late ML season is coming in this coming Saturday, but at the same time squirrel season is in along with several other "small game seasons".

What are your opions of "sharing the woods and fields" with others that are legally hunting their own game.

I personally have no issue as long as the woods walkers honor my whistle or wave and then move on.

Opinions?????????

·
Registered
93 Posts
It is what it is! Not much you can do about it. Use to bird hunt a lot and treestand guys didnt like it much when we came through with 4 guys and 4 dogs. We at least held off til 10 when we knew a gun season was in. It can hurt or help you, they can push deer to you. Hope it works out.

·
Banned
859 Posts
......more times than not, I'm praying for someone to walk by me and move some game around. You should be good. [smile]

·
Registered
348 Posts
It could be dangerous for the squirrel hunters and it could scare off my deer. I am not in favor of it. But I'm sure that they would stay away.

·
Registered
707 Posts
i don't think every other season should shut down just for deer. i have not actually even seen any squirrel hunters this year on public land. what i have run into is hikers though. i used to get upset and think they ruined the rest of the evening, but now i treat them as the drivers and don't mind them.

mike

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Hey Blend...I think that's a viable attitude, I just dont want to get shot by a squirrel hunter.

I've actually been up a tree and a squirrel hunter walked though and shot at a Sq not to far from me. He about jumped out of his skin when I said "you missed him".

I dont mind people getting the deer moving...at all.

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Crow

I can see your point. When I have had that almost happen I just make sure I yell or whistle at the squirrel hunter. I too actually like the walkers in the woods as long as they remember to keep moving when I identify myself in the tree. (Hunter interferance)

In all honesty, the hunting I was considering would be in the fields and away from the majority of the hunters with the exception of those who still think the deer are in the fields after the sun comes up. Not many this late in the season.

A couple of years ago a friend of mine turned me into a die hard crow hunting junky and I'm craving a fix. Laying in a midfield hedge row blasting away at those black ******s has a certain amount of thrill to it. They're smart, can see as well as a turkey and every shot is a moving target. The deer hunters would only have to deal with the shotgun blasting which may help them by keeping the deer in the woods where they belong and not escaping in the fields.

Anybody interested in a crow adventure one saturday morning maybe we can hook up. I have decoys and calls, just bring FULL camo, like turkey hunting, shells and your scattergun. I promise, you'll never forget it, providing they're flying well that morning.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Chris: If you're hunting public land your idea is the only option that you have. If you share a lease or hunt private property then I would get together with other people that use the property to see what each other plan on doing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts