Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if it matters which boat tow service to choose. I'm usually either in the Currituck Sound, Chesapeake bay, or Oregon inlet. Any recommendations or advice would be appreciated!

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Me As Well

This is an excellent question. I have a new boat and fish the same areas , I heard BoatUS is Cheaper but Sea Tow has more people on water. Not sure if that is right or not...

Jay

·
Registered
733 Posts
I have Tow Boat US..only used it once in 9 yrs, service was excellant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You
will hear pros&cons about both, but until I have a bad experience with Boat US I`m staying with them.....My .02 worth.

Capt.Skid
"ONE MO PASS"

·
Registered
9,443 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok, not trying to stir anything up. I think I have enough info, going with BoatUS tow as they are cheaper...
Thanks again everyone that commented.....

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
ok, not trying to stir anything up. I think I have enough info, going with BoatUS tow as they are cheaper...
Thanks again everyone that commented.....
Your not stirring up anything ! I just thought there might be some information in those threads that you might find useful. I also just meant there is a lot of reading there.

By the way, welcome to TidalFish !

Dennis:))

·
Registered
421 Posts
I use or have never used the tow insurance provided with my boat policy $500.00 no deduction on the reimbursement, but how far will $500.00 get me towed?

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
I use or have never used the tow insurance provided with my boat policy $500.00 no deduction on the reimbursement, but how far will $500.00 get me towed?
Went offshore Hatteras was 19miles out called Tow Boat they asked me if I had Tow Boat I said I had Sea Tow the came and got me. We got back in and I had to pay cash or credit for there service. They took down all the info and sent it to Sea Tow and Sea Tow reinbursed me about 3 to 4 months later. The bill was $972.00 and some change. So to answer your question I would guess 10 miles. Get more coverage if you venture out you might never use it but then again. :boat:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have had TowBoatUS for 4 years, never needed them, but watch them come and go all the time towing people into and out of Dare Marina. I have met my area BoatUS Captain and he has looked my boat over and took the time to discuss what would happen in the event I needed him. I feel very comfortable out on the water knowing I have him standing by to help 24/7. If he ever fails me, I will consider another company, but untill then it's TowBoatUS for me.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
I have had TowBoatUS for 4 years, never needed them, but watch them come and go all the time towing people into and out of Dare Marina. I have met my area BoatUS Captain and he has looked my boat over and took the time to discuss what would happen in the event I needed him. I feel very comfortable out on the water knowing I have him standing by to help 24/7. If he ever fails me, I will consider another company, but untill then it's TowBoatUS for me.
I have been towed by that TowBoat captain twice over the last 10 years; once due to a failed brand new steering system and once for a failed ignition module. Both times he has been top notch, very courteous, knowledgeable, and efficient. I have no problem with having him come after me regardless of the situation. :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
for what it's worth

i used to have sea tow, when i really needed them, they did not show up. called boat us and they were on the scene quickly and did a great job. have been with them ever since.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Get the unlimited policy from Boat US. I have had them for years, used once when manifold plugged on me. Quick response, towed me from out off OV to my house in Portsmouth, no problem, even slowed down so we could troll on the way back in and pick up a striper...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts