Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is from my friend's bmail about what I missed on Wednesday on the Jil Carrie. I can't wait for the next trip. Does Jimmie usually stay out that long or was it just cuz they found the fish so late? 6:00-4:45 is a LOOOOONG 8 hour fishing trip.
=====================================================

We had 7 total guys, We were a little slow early on at Cape Henry, with only 4 keepers (biggest being @ 39" caught by my Father), I was #7 and got to reel in my first fish around 130pm, but it was a tough one on the WWB but only 30". Capt. Jim ran us out into the ocean late at Cape Charles (inside 3miles but far from port. He saw a 6 mile wide beehive and had us pull the 12 lines to get out there. We got the the spot and put some lines in and the FRENZY was ON. In a 15-30 min period we had our limit, all between 35-40with the exception of the HOG I was able to bring in.......Yes at new personnal record of 42" and fat. All told I landed at least 6 fish with all but 2 over 35" My arm is sore!!!!! All fish brought home were over 20 lbs.

Capt. Jim Brincefield works for you the entire time and I will be out on his boat again next year. We were out on the water from 6am to 445pm. We had a great time and I wish you could have stayed....but Dave we will do it again next year and hope for better weather. Although yesterday was perfect.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Jimmy does what he has to do to get you on fish. Our trip in Feb is from 2am till 10pm

Dave

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
This is from my friend's bmail about what I missed on Wednesday on the Jil Carrie. I can't wait for the next trip. Does Jimmie usually stay out that long or was it just cuz they found the fish so late? 6:00-4:45 is a LOOOOONG 8 hour fishing trip.
Hey Dave if you think that's long our upcoming sea bass trip with Jimmy in February is 22 hrs. We leave at like 1:00 AM and return at 11:00 PM. Now that's a LOOOOOOONG trip.:D

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Dave if you think that's long our upcoming sea bass trip with Jimmy in February is 22 hrs. We leave at like 1:00 AM and return at 11:00 PM. Now that's a LOOOOOOONG trip.:D
How long of a boat ride is that? Sounds like fun but that's a LONG, possibly COLD day.

I was just saying that it's a LONG day when it was an 8-hour advertised day. Gary told me later that since they didn't have their limit by 2:00, Jimmy stayed out until they did.

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
Dave from what I understand it's like a 7hr ride each way. This is one trip that you definitely have to be well dressed top to bottom. I'm taking my sub artic down mummy sleeping bag, find comfortable corner, and hunker down in it for the ride.:D

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dave from what I understand it's like a 7hr ride each way. This is one trip that you definitely have to be well dressed top to bottom. I'm taking my sub artic down mummy sleeping bag, find comfortable corner, and hunker down in it for the ride.:D
Holy ****!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: You guys are hardcore!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts