Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Tidalfish members,

We need your help!!! I am producing a short (3-6 min) environmental mini-documentary about current issues facing Striped Bass for Stripers Forever. I have most of the footage I need, but could really use some photos of striped bass that are (seemingly) infected with Mycobacteriosis.

The photos don't need to be super high resoluton, anything over 1440x1080 resolution will work fine! Please email photos to [email protected] or post them on this tread! Also any other striped bass conservation photos/footage that anyone wants to donate would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks in advance for everyone's help!

Fish on!
Ryan Davey

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Ryan; pardon me for putting on my "scientist" hat for a moment. While I applaud you for what you are trying to do, you may run into trouble with photo's like Skip's. Having worked with Mycobacterium tuberculosis (a close cousin of fish Myco); I believe the only way to diagnose Myco is by observing the lesions on internal organs.
If you show a fish like Skip has, some skeptics will say, "those are just marks from nets, or scrapes from bridge pilieings". While I believe Skips fish is probably infected with Myco, you can't say that for sure.
What you really need to do is open a fish like Skips to observe the lesions. Once you see the lesions, you can make the jump to assuming the skin problems are associated with Myco.
Best of luck with your endevor,
5th (Marty)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Careful guys, this could come back to haunt us. LOOK! OMG look at all these sick fish. Not sure were he is going with it, but,,, lets give him the quiz before we all empty our cameras for him.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts