Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
no substance, just some more GD BS. These people have NO SUBSTANCE! the bill does nothing on any bilingual laws (and I think they should not interfere with state or federal regs to inform people for safety or other reasons in more than English). This is such pandering!

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
[Q]hippie joe originally wrote:
no substance, just some more GD BS. These people have NO SUBSTANCE! the bill does nothing on any bilingual laws (and I think they should not interfere with state or federal regs to inform people for safety or other reasons in more than English). This is such pandering!
[/Q]

Unfortunately Joe, Congress has become the home of lipservice
1st .

Bert

·
Registered
14,163 Posts
[Q]rbr originally wrote:
[Q]hippie joe originally wrote:
[/Q]

Unfortunately Joe, Congress has become the home of lipservice
1st .

Bert
[/Q]

And that is not a gross exageration...I can't think of another time where Congress has been so ineffectual. It's not a legislative body anymore, it does not serve as a check or balance of any sort, it is a collection of panderers...

I seriously doubt that the House and Senate could change a tire today, much less manage the nation's purse strings or face down the tough issues...

·
Registered
762 Posts
Throw them all out in the next election, and in the lameduck period following the election put them out collecting roadside litter. Since they have proven themselves incapable of passing any meaningful legislation, they can be useful in some way that requires no application of learning or ethics.

·
Registered
22 Posts
They waste their time and our tax $$$ debating issues that should not even be on the table.

1.) "Illegal" immigration: Enforce the laws that are already on the books.

2.) English as a primary language. Come on. If you move to Mexico I bet their govt. is going to suck up and make all of the signs read English.

3.) Border protection: How have we sunk so low as to let the Mexican govt., or any foreign govt. threaten to sue us for protecting our own borders? They need to fulfill their obligation to uphold the laws of this country and protect the country from foriegn invaders. Our open door/swinging door policy is resulting in the door being ripped off the hinges.

4.) Social Security Benefits for "illegal" aliens, immigrants, whatever. The government is trying to sanction I.D. theft through their decision this week to provide SS benefits to people who derfaud the govt. with fraudulent SS#'s and I.D.'s. These folks are not citizens, therefore should not enjoy the rights and privileges that "citizens" of this country are entitled to.

Not opposed to immigration, but we already have a method to become a citizen and it has worked forever. The reason for creating this new immigration policy is simply this: The politicos in this country are attempting to sanction non-citizens merely for a voting base. Repubs and Dems are both equally guilty and their finger pointing at each other is childish. There is no tax base for the majority of them.

No one in the goverment wants to stand up for what is right if it upsets the cart or sounds "mean" or tough. It's time that our govt. got tough with the rest of the world when it comes to protecting "our home". Nobody likes us until they want or $$$$.

My .02 for a rainy Sat. morning.

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
[Q]Forestry originally wrote:
Vote em all out, your guy, their guy, dont matter, incumbants gotta go
[/Q]

I may actually join a party to vote out an incumbant in the primaries. Primary elections present the best way to kick out
the bums

Bert

·
Registered
397 Posts
I agree, throw them all out. They come up with a bill on a national language, then 10 minutes later submit another one that basically castrates the first. Idiots.

And if John McDem, I mean John Mccain thinks he'll get my vote just because I'm a Republican, he has another thing coming.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
[Q]rbr originally wrote:
[Q]Forestry originally wrote:
Vote em all out, your guy, their guy, dont matter, incumbants gotta go
[/Q]

I may actually join a party to vote out an incumbant in the primaries. Primary elections present the best way to kick out
the bums

Bert
[/Q]In Virginia all you have to be is a regestered voter and you can vote in any primary regardless of party. It does have to be a race which is in your district but other than that you can vote in all of them such as for Pres, congress,etc... Now on the English law whats wrong with passing the English only bill . I will admitt that I realy dont know much about the bill but from what I have heard it just makes English our primary language. If people want to come to America they should speake the language. Now if its a bad bill because it should just be common sense then yes I agree its a stupid bill. Maybe I'm missing something about the bill.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
What about the new Senate Bill to give illegals Social Security. Like Ive been saying, this is not a lib/cons thing its a we vs them thing. And the politicians are pandering for votes, on our backs. Yes its time to throw em all out, unless they are ready to enforce the laws of this country.

Hippie you are 110% right............

·
Registered
397 Posts
CG, you're right, hardly anything about the war. I mean just a few days ago they settled on major part of their own government which will eventually mean our troops will be coming home.

There is something about this immigration topic though. I've never seen so many dems/pubs agreeing so much. It's almost scary. Congress just does not get it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts