Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
RF, don't you know HJ doesn't have time to respond in detail, he's too busy fiddling.
I'm not like you guys with your desk jobs who can yak on the internet all day, I've got other stuff to do, I'm retired.

And, if I get your reference right, Lin, it was W who set fire to Rome.

I noticed tho RF that you haven't called Tony Blair a *****, yet.:clap:

·
Registered
14,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I consider it a term of endearment HJ.
Savin it for you.

By the way for those that don't keep stats, I average about 30 minutes a day before 5.

I know time flies when smoke gets in your eyes.

Anyway, I doubt you actually read the article so you're just bustin my chops anyway.......

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
I consider it a term of endearment HJ.
Savin it for you.

By the way for those that don't keep stats, I average about 30 minutes a day before 5.

I know time flies when smoke gets in your eyes.

Anyway, I doubt you actually read the article so you're just bustin my chops anyway.......
So Colonel Nut, you're calling me a *****.

But, back to my question, how do you justify Tony Blair's not particularly manly man response to the hostage taking?

·
Registered
14,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Again you might try reading the article that is the topic of the thread before you hi jack it!

It is your own inductive thought that calls you anything....
Thankfully I don't have to name you or Tony in that regard.

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
Again you might try reading the article that is the topic of the thread before you hi jack it!

It is your own inductive thought that calls you anything....
Thankfully I don't have to name you or Tony in that regard.
OK, having now read the article, it appears that the author's proposed reason for the terrorism and inhumanity practiced by radical Islamists is that Western folks in general and liberals in particular do not criticize them enough. The responsibility for correcting barbaric cultural norms according to the author is apparently more ours than theirs.

I didn't realize that Western opinion alone had such a potential for reforming practices by many in Islamic nations of treating women like ****, preference for violent promulgation of Islam to non-Muslims, etc. Certainly bullets, missiles and money don't seem to have an effect vis a vis Iraq, Afghanistan ad nauseum.

Let it be known then that as a Westerner with some liberal views I never have nor do not now condone such benighted cruelty as cited by the author of that profound article. Hopefully this will contribute to their awakening.

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
I guess you DO prefer beheadings.........
gofigure.
If I could figure your gobbledegook about beheadings, I'd give you a straight answer, but WTF do you get that from my reply?

Did Jimmy Carter not not punish Iran, except for the failed commando atempt, and of course Ronald Reagan's guys gave them TOWs, after Iran held the hostages until after the election and releasing them.

So what the heck does that have to do with beheadings, you joker, you?

·
Registered
14,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The current (new direction Dems.) direction is once again pursuing the a la Jimmy Carter pacifism.....i.e. too little too late, and by the way let's talk....

You can not pacify terrorists....

They will murder you as they lie!

If you allow them resources and strength they will murder you and your children in YOUR home.

If we tolerate terrorists all these dark ages tactics will continue. Modern civilization must stand against them. The moderate Islamic world MUST stand against them.

If we do not free them they will destroy us all.

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
The current (new direction Dems.) direction is once again pursuing the a la Jimmy Carter pacifism.....i.e. too little too late, and by the way let's talk....

You can not pacify terrorists....

They will murder you as they lie!

If you allow them resources and strength they will murder you and your children in YOUR home.

If we tolerate terrorists all these dark ages tactics will continue. Modern civilization must stand against them. The moderate Islamic world MUST stand against them.

If we do not free them they will destroy us all.
you fail to connect this with the wisdom of continuing to occupy Iraq. Today in Algeria and yesterday in Morocco someone perhaps Al Qaeda continued to carry on its hideous crime spree, with wider scope. You and Capt. Frank can suggest all you want about me deserving being beheaded because my opinions differ from yours, but the fact is, you both are being mule-headed.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts