Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Canon DSLR, Should I send the camera out to have cleaned?
If so where?

I have a blower, but I am still picking up a few a specs after using the blower a few times...

Thank you !

·
Registered
485 Posts
I have a Canon DSLR, Should I send the camera out to have cleaned?
If so where?

I have a blower, but I am still picking up a few a specs after using the blower a few times...

Thank you !
First of all, make sure your battery is fully charged. Or if you can, connect it to an alternate power source

Remove your lense

Turn the camera on

go to your menu section and highlight "SENSOR CLEAN"

Once you highlight "SENSOR CLEAN" press the "SET" button and a message will come up "TURN OFF THE CAMERA AFTER SENSOR CLEANING"

Highlight "YES" and press the "SET" button once again

once you've finished cleaning the sensor, turn the camera off. The shutter will go bacl to the lock position.

remount your lens and you should be go to go.

Once you do this your shutter will go to the up lock position and you will be able to clean the Sensor. You can do this by brush of compressed air. If using compressed air make sure it is just enough to blow the dust away and not too powerful.

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
I clean mine myself,as blowing just relocates the dust. I made a swab with a lint free lens cloth and use Methanol as the cleaner. Works pretty good.

There are lots of websites that tell you how to do it just like the pros do. But if you have doubts leave it to the pros.

Here is a link. Sensor Cleaning

1 - 5 of 5 Posts