Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright Guys,I NEED some help!!!!!!!!!!!!!After 26 yrs. working at Sport Chevrolet Inspecting and repairing the Used Car inventory,They took my Job[Friday] and split it up between 5 other Inspectors.Put me back on the Line.^[email protected]%&Coc$ Suckin' M.F.'ers!!!:mad: Sad part is,that for those 26 yrs. I put my Job before my Personal life and ALWAYS went WAY above the call of duty to get it done.So much for any appreciation factor!:mad:

Been out of touch with the Job world for so long,I need some help.Would like to get out of turning wrenches if possible.Any help on leads ,direction,tips,anything would be appreciated.I'm a hard worker,much attention to detail,leader,have Common Sense[lost art now days] Am a "Jack of all Trades,master of none":D .Can pick up on just about anything quickly.I know I will most likely have to take a pay cut,but with whats happening now I will be anyway.There is just not enough work for the amount of Techs now and they are adding 6 more!!PLEASE HELP!!!!

Oh yea and to top it off My Wife will be losing Her Job with Mercantile within the next few months.PNC Back bought them out and they will be closing the Operations center where She works![14 yrs.].THANKS Guys!!! [Mike]

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
So it finally happened:( The only big job market I'm aware of will be at APG. New houses are poping up everywhere.

·
Premium Member
3,552 Posts
APG isn't going as fast as was initially anticipated. One thing that is happening is the reduction in Military personell.

Don't think I can help you out Mike, unless you want to make coffee!

I'll keep my ears and Eyes open for ya.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anybody know who or where to look for Jobs in the Goernment?[State,Counties,etc.]Feel kinda stupid asking,but like I said,been out of the Job market for 26 yrs.

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
Mike as long as you have a job with benefits use your future time wisely. Do you have a resume ready to go? If you're like most the answere is no. Time to prepare now. Use the internet for guidelines. The important thing is to keep it short and to the point. You also need a cover letter to go with it. The cover letter is going to introduce you and give you a quick chance to tell a future employer why they should hire you. Make an assessment of your strengths and weaknesses. Be prepared to tell the interviewer what you're doing to correct those weaknesses. I know all this probably looks like a bunch of BS but believe me it's not. I've been on both sides both as an employee and employer. The important thing now is not to let you ego take charge. Sure you feel down and have every right to be. I've been in your exact position at least 2 times and both times I had kids in private school. Also you may want to consider a head hunter. Good luck and if there's anything I can don't hesitate to ask.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
mike there are a couple of jobs here at work don't know the pay scale but can find out call me 410 682 0372
don't worry mike I have been laid off 6 time's in twenty years and have made it work there is always light at the end of the tunnel

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Mike--
If you want to turn wrenches again, a friend owns a busy garage here in Essex (across from Mr. Bill's Terrace Inn). Let me know and I'll ask if he's looking for anyone. It's probably a step down going from a dealership to a garage but the guy that owns it is a great guy.
--Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts