Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Great news Goose.

What creek were they in?

Is this an ongoing CBF study to determine the health of the Severn creeks, or do certain individuals and communities offer the use of their piers to provide a place to secure these cages?

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Hey JP and Goose... next time give us a little notice - I'm sure there are plenty of SRRKC-ers who would pitch in to help.

Great job, BTW! :thumbup:

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great news Goose.

What creek were they in?

Is this an ongoing CBF study to determine the health of the Severn creeks, or do certain individuals and communities offer the use of their piers to provide a place to secure these cages?
Aisquith.

This is just individual homeowners who arrange to raise oysters off of their pier. Many folks do this, although I suspect that you have to be in Round Bay or east. Hopefully J.P. can chime in with the details.

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey JP and Goose... next time give us a little notice - I'm sure there are plenty of SRRKC-ers who would pitch in to help.

Great job, BTW! :thumbup:
Now that my back is shot for the next year, I'm sure that he'll take you up on that! :D Just kidding....it wasn't that bad. Also, this really was planned as a business meeting to discuss some enviro legal issues but we ended up doing this at the last minute.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com
693 Posts
Thanks for posting, Goose. Great way to spend a Friday afternoon, even if we didn't have time to wet a line!

Skip, Larry, Greg, et al--this really was supposed to be a way to hook up SRRKC's Finest Legal Mind with Jon Mueller, CBF's Litigation Chief (who lives in Epping Forest & is an SRRKC prospect) to discuss our EPA lawsuit, but Mueller got tied up at the office.

Anyhow, we do work w/ volunteers along the river who grow oysters in cages off their own piers or those of their communities. Our friend Stephanie Reynolds coordinates the program. I'm sure we could get her to give us a tour of CBF's Oyster Restoration Center and planting boat, Patricia Campbell (see Skip''s Aisquith Reef report from 10/23) at Discovery Village (Shady Side).

Anybody interested in doing that for am special meeting or for the Dec. mtg? She and Karl Willey (PC's Capt.) have lots of opportunities for volunteer involvement in oyster restoration, and they think highly of SRRKC because of our Asquith involvement.

Best, JPW

1 - 6 of 6 Posts