Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed out from the dock at 6:00am on Saturday morning stocked with both chunking and crabbing gear. The wind forecast wasn't looking good for the bay but figured I would give it a try anyway and crab as a fallback. The river was calm up until the Naval Academy then it go progressively worse as I neared the mouth. Made it about halfway out to Hacketts getting beat up by the south wind so decided to head back. Put out 6 traps with chicken necks in about 5-8 feet of water, 3 hours and no crabs. 2 crabs did however show up in the pot on the pier this weekend. Sunday I headed out about 1:00pm and was met with a stiff south easterly wind that made it difficult to fish, not to mention the boat traffic. Fished two of the creeks on the northern side of the severn for about 2 hours and managed 3 small white perch on small twister tail grub with a small spinner.

Nice sunrise on Saturday morning
sunrise.jpg

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
The perch have been hit or miss in the mid-river tributaries recently. I fished one creek last weekend. I found perch in two spots -- one the size of a one-car garage floor, and the other the size of a two-car garage floor. I pulled 10 perch out of those spots in just a few minutes. I proceeded to check numerous other spots for over an hour without a bite. The trick is figuring out where they are holed up and what that will hit. The bites came on a small spinnerbait similar to a Woody's feather spinner (but made by someone else). The upper ends of some creeks are loaded with long stringy aquatic vegetation. I suspect the plants have a useful water quality function, but they certainly are a pain for fishing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts