Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went fishing yesterday on the severn river and the tide was low and the wind and was 5 to 10 at 7:30am.I went to Brewer's Pond to find the white perch and they were still there.I was using my 1/32oz round head feather glo-jig in white/chart under a float at about 5 foot and I was fishing in 5' to 6' of water.I was using a slow popping retrieve and watching the float for anything different other then popping.The perch were from 8" to 13 1/2" and lots of them.You need a boat that will float in shallow water to get across the sand bar in this pond.I caught about 80 white perch and I wished I had stayed but I had to register that big white perch before Warren's had closed.So if you plan to go fishing good luck and GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS..................WOODY:bigfish::thumbup::yes::clapping2::photo4:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Fished Weems Creek yesterday without a hit. Paddled all the way up the creek to the last boat dock near rt. 50 and drifted back down with the wind fishing most of the coves along the way with no luck, didn't see much on the FF either. Two other kayakers with me went out into the Severn and fished from the rt. 50 bridge down to Jonas Green and back up and into Weems without a bite. We should have tried Brewer's Pond like Woody suggested but thats a really long paddle from the ramp at Weems.

Mike

·
Registered
96 Posts
We only pulled about 30. I kept 8. I believe Jay said he had about 25 keepers around noon. If the rain holds out, I'll try to get one more shot at them Wednesday!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.