Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wodering if anyone was interested in fishing for shad from the yak up around Richmond. I have absolutely no experience up in that area but there is a report on the fly board that they are there and thick. It wold be a nice chance to do something different from the yak. If anyone is interested or just has advice or suggestions I am all ears. 348-2232
Chad

·
Registered
327 Posts
Chad,

I've been fishing them hard since March. If you are going to go do it within the next 4-5 days as the run is going to start slowing considerably. Right now it is red hot. I fish it from all manner of watercraft including the kayak.

Shoot me a bmail and I'll be glad to give you the full rundown from where to launch to where to fish and what flies are hot.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Bob, U Turn (MIke) took off this morning on travel and will be out of town for a couple of weeks. Shortly after you left on Sunday, we paddled up above the I-95 bridge and started to do much better. Then we went on up to just below the rapids/rocks and really tore into them. Many fish. Mike scored one at 18.5". Most of mine were somewhat smaller. Overall a very productive and enjoyable outing. I think Mike said you might be interested in trying a yak sometime. If so, let me or Mike know and we'll see what we can do to hook up with you. Also, WRO is holding a demo day on May 14. Info is at http://www.wildriveroutfitters.com/.

Ralph

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.