Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it was early and I really wasn't expecting anything. We arrived and there were three trailers in the lot so my hopes were lifted.

A run upstream to a favorite hole produced nothing except the discovery of an underwater tree that wasn't there last year. OUCH.

Then we moved farther upstream to the shad hole. After about a half hour of casting I had a bite and set the hook. Surprisingly it was not a shad but a really nice, citation sized rock bass. Another twenty minutes and I got the next hook up. Line was singing off the real and I was sure that it was a shad. Then the battle got a little tougher and I began to wonder. As it turned out it was a shad but it had been foul hooked in the side. (male American) We stayed there for a while longer but nothing.

We then moved back downstream to my favorite shad hole. NADA.

Finally, I gave up and we went to a deep hole with minnows. Jeff caught his first bowfin and I picked up three or four catfish before we called it a day.

So, for you shad guys out there you have the first local report of the season. It is too early but they are beginning to show in the river. Hopefully, I will be back next Friday.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Jim whats your favorite shad lure? They show up here in April out near the Pocomoke Sound usually under birds (Terns) and I have had good luck casting 1/2 oz. Crippled herrings to them. I have also used tandem rigged shad darts with some luck but the metal seems to produce better for me. Your thoughts?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts