Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried the new put-in/take-out on north side of 14th/Hull St. bridge, nice area but limited parking. Fished around I-95 bridge for about 2 hours at low tide yesterday. Got 2 Americans (one small - 11"!), and 2 hickories. Good numbers of people fishing but little catching. Think they were spooky with low, clear water, high or incoming tide should be better. Heard on Friday a good bunch came in.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I hit the upper Pamunkey River about 3 miles below rt.360 and caught 2 about 3 lbs and some smaller ones.I was using a chart. jig head with a small white curly tail.

DARREN

·
Registered
573 Posts
Fished the old Annabell Lee dock this afternoon; caught 5 nice hickorys. it seemed to begin turning on right when the tide began to die (coincidently right when I had to leave...) All were caught on a gold spoon. Planning on taking the yak down thurs and/or friday- will either put in at 14th street or down at the locks
JP

·
Registered
16 Posts
tater and I were down there pretty much everyday for a while, we're the idiots usin heavers down there for stripers.

i was thinkin of taking my yak out there as well, give me a hollar if you guys wanna launch out one day

neil
804 338 8353

·
Registered
89 Posts
fishfool-

the new put in is not on mayo island, is directly across from mayo island on the north side of the river.

as you are heading south toward the 14 st. bridge, make a left IMMEDIATELY after the floodwall.

this is a really nice put in built mostly through the efforts of the james river outdoor coalition, and i'm gonna be sending them a donation this week.

i've used this place at least 10 or 12 times already, it's pretty nice, you need to be careful around low tide because there's almost a little rapid there, but other than that, it's a great place to launch and park.

found out this evening that they lock up the gate at 9pm. fortunately, the guy in charge of locking the gates this particular evening likes to wet a line himself, so he saw our cars there, and didn't lock us in!

the signs are pretty clear, though: you either need roof racks, a boat, or a jroc sticker to use the place - something that proves you are using the launch as intended ...

enjoy!!!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep, that's the place. Fished out of there again this Friday and Saturday, lots of hickories and some Americans too. Falling tide seems best. Hat's off to JROC, will send a donation too!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts