Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went for the first time down near clarmont this weekend. The boat traffic was alot less than upper river. So I think I might start fishing down there. Can Anyone give help me out on where to find bait. I am in a pontoon boat so running to deep bottom is not a option. Thinking of buying a girl net. Thank for your help guys.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I am interested in learning about them girl nets. How do they work? Would I get in trouble for netting a girl? What is keeper size for a girl.

Maybe a girl net is a net for one who cannot throw?

·
Registered
887 Posts
I could not begin to tell you how to catch shad in a cast net. I did buy a new one but have not put in the time yet. BUT, if you put a gill net out on a flat in 4-6 feet of water and check it every 30 minutes or so you should have plenty of shad. Do not ignore the net or you will kill a large amount of fish and you will be picking them out for a good while. I buy eels and use them during the few times I make it out a year. Blue gills work alright as do white perch. Go try fishing off early's dock. -Kepone

·
Registered
155 Posts
There was no boat traffic there b/c " THERE IS NO BIG FISH DOWN RIVER ". The dutch gap area holds all the larger fish, But with that said (earlyriser ur slip'n) there is usually plenty of bait in most of the creeks around Claremont. [angel]
P.S. If u happen to net 4 20# navy anchors in that area that got stuck on the bottom on my way to dutch gap please let me know!!!![wink]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts