Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As far as I can tell, the Severn and it's tribs have been been a tough bite the past few weeks after ice-out. I heard that the Shad have arrived on the Potomac, so I drove in mid-day and rented a boat at Fletchers Boat House. What a treat to fish without hat, gloves, long johns, et.al!

I caught a Hickory on my third cast and thought that I might be in for a great afternoon. As it turned out the bite was slower but there were some nice fish coming up the river. Twice, I doubled up a pair of Hickory's on chartruse darts. I'm pretty sure that I had an American on as it pulled harder and deeper and never broke the surface as the Hicks usually do, (hence the moniker "poor mans Tarpon"). Unfortunately it quick released boat sided before I could make a definitive ID.

Fletcher's can feel like a suicide run , especially if you hit it when the lanes are changing from two-way to one-way traffic. I was coached by a neighbor who moved out of DC and it made it much easier. Drop me a msg if you want the directions

Tight Lines,
ST
20150407_160320.jpg tip.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Scott great post! Glad you got some pullage! While at my parents house in Philly I noticed the forsythia was in bloom and thought huh that means something!

-Evans

·
Registered
424 Posts
On Sunday, I observed bank fisherman outfishing guys in rowboats. This is probably due to the fact that the bank fisherman walk up the river where the river is narrower and the fish are more likely to be packed into tighter schools.

I was busy doing some blue-cat hunting.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
A friend and I drove to the lower Susquehanna this afternoon. The air and water were cold, and the water was high and dirty. We cast for a while from the rocks near the Lapidum ramp and had no bites. We checked other typical spots between there and the dam. Only a few anglers were trying, and none were catching.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts