Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm predicting that the shad will be up the Rapp by Thursday March 22nd, and will be caught in decent numbers by Saturday 3/24th.;-) Also I predict that the wp's will show up on Friday (23rd), but only in small numbers.

Mitch

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
shad and perch

According to Fredericksburg fishing reports from the Free-Lance Star white perch were being caught last week. Judging fromt he increase in fisherman on the river it seems likely the shad are biting now as well. I can't say first hand but will have an up to date shad report this week and a good white perch report on saturday April 7th (our local fun tournament)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's basically what I was trying to say....without saying it.:wacko: look at the prediction dates.

The white perch were down the river a bit last week, but they are here now. The shad are here in surprisingly good numbers for as early as it is, but the bite hasn't turned on real good yet. Me and a friend caught about 20 from 11:00 to 2:00 Then I caught about a dozen from 6 till dark. Not bad for this early in the run.

Mitch

1 - 4 of 4 Posts