Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
The PAFB commission usually starts monitoring at Conowingo on April 1. Last year they did not perform the counting and there is no mention on their web site of any plans for the shad cam this year. The Susquehanna shad populations are almost gone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Was down on Sunday 10am till 3pm we landed 15 hickory shad lost others was slow they were there.Got very windy.fished above boat ramp.sorry for late report was having login trouble

·
Registered
11,073 Posts
That's a start. It usually doesn't get good until mid April or the water temp reaches 56 deg.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's a start. It usually doesn't get good until mid April or the water temp reaches 56 deg.
Some friends of mine said they had their best day ever at Fletcher's the other day so there's hope it will be good on the Susquehanna this year too.

·
Registered
11,073 Posts
They're starting to catch a few below the Dam. Dam few . Around April 15 th. , it should be on up there . I've got the boat ready for some "Baby Chesapeake Tarpon" .

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
When the Dogwoods bloom the Shad will show up { Winos early lesson}.

·
Registered
13,894 Posts
I fished yesterday at Fletcher's and the shad are here, breaking the surface frequently. Hickory and American........... Gary

·
Registered
57 Posts
Susquehanna shad are nearly extinct. If you look at the Conowingo dam shad passage numbers, there was a great year in 2001 with 193,574 fish. That number has tapered off every year to only 4787 fish in 2019.

·
Registered
11,073 Posts
Every native fish in the Chesapeake Bay are nearly extinct. The new natives are now called invasives. Snakeheads & Catfish. When there killed off from over exploitation , there will be nothing left.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts