Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone read the book, i just started reading it and man it makes me not wanna get to involed in deep wreck diving.:yes:

·
Registered
578 Posts
Yeah, that's another good book. I have dove with some of the guys in it and with the guy who wrote the book countering some of the claims made in it. I stopped doing deep air to raise a family shortly after the "U-Who" was found and before it was identified.

Beyond Sport Diving by Bradley Sheard is another good read. I have dove with probably half the characters in that one. Capt. George Hoffman fully lived up to his name as the self proclaimed "Best damn dive boat Captain on the East Coast" in my opinion. Most of my NJ diving was done with him on all three iterations of his boat "Sea Lion". Both of these books bring back some great memories.
Mark

·
Premium Member
26,176 Posts
It is a good book-makes you very aware of what happens when you make a mistake diving.There are 2-3 other books that cover deep wrecks and the same people.Wait until you discuss the book with a non diver-they don't understand the "why" part.I don't know how to explain the excitement of going underwater to someone who doesn't dive.They look at me like I'm crazy for "risking" my life.Guess they saw Jaws too many times. :eek: Skip

·
Registered
578 Posts
I still look forward to doing an anchor dive with you, Skip. When are you going to start diving this year? The best diving in the world is still the diving you can get to.
Mark

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Couldn't put it down! Read another book "The Last Dive" about Chris snd Chrissy Rouse. Here's two guys that did dangerous cave dives and wound up losing their live on the U Who. Short cuts...

·
Premium Member
26,176 Posts
Mark-I start diving for anchors in mid May.Once the bay is 65*.I hope the muddy water clears up by then.I'll send you a B-mail when it gets closer. Skip

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey now.......

If you've got room for one or two more can we go with ya, my wife is a diver also, she ususally likes the warmer weather, but me, I could care less about the water temp. If its cold im gettin in, its warm im gettin in too.:clap:

·
Premium Member
26,176 Posts
Where I dive for anchors is not a fun area.The viz. at the bottom is almost zero.You can not read your gauges unless tight to the mask.Mostly done by feel.The reason there are so many anchors is because an old cable is exposed from the bottom.Fishermen get anchors and hooks-did I mention all the old fishing line ?-stuck on the cable or other anchor chains.I dive here because it's close to my house and we have a boat.No way would I drive far to do this-well not real far anyway.:rolleyes: :D Skip

·
Registered
443 Posts
i read it too and i coulndt put it down, same with the book about the rouses.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts