Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put kayaks in at 7:30 sunday am, paddled to the mouth of the Carrotoman and fished the shallows. Schoolie rock fish everywhere. Caught 15 or so around the 16 to 20 inch range. Paddled over to Towles point and started catching good sized croakers, with one being massive. ( biggest croaker I've caught in the last 3 years). Paddled back down to Carrotomans mouth, caught one keeper grey trout, one speckeled trout and 4 big perch Loaded kayaks up and was home by lunchtime All fish caught on gulp 4inch swimming mullets various colors in 1.5 to 3 foot water.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Put kayaks in at 7:30 sunday am, paddled to the mouth of the Carrotoman and fished the shallows. Schoolie rock fish everywhere. Caught 15 or so around the 16 to 20 inch range. Paddled over to Towles point and started catching good sized croakers, with one being massive. ( biggest croaker I've caught in the last 3 years). Paddled back down to Carrotomans mouth, caught one keeper grey trout, one speckeled trout and 4 big perch Loaded kayaks up and was home by lunchtime All fish caught on gulp 4inch swimming mullets various colors in 1.5 to 3 foot water.
Where is Carrotoman? Thanks. Went out to Nomini Bay and no luck

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Thanks for the report. Things might be changing up a bit in the Rapp. Nice to see the variety.

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Great report! You have to love the Rapp River. I caught word today of a few Nice spot. and one friend did ok Sat on 15"/16" spanish.
( I still have my mobile home on rapp) sale fell thru.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Dead out there today...Urbanna to # 6 then on to moorings ,down to N side of bridge and back to # 6 = 1 stiffback. no one catching except for one boat loaded up on spot @ Sturgeon Bar. Still not certain where that bar is located...need help with that one!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Dead out there today...Urbanna to # 6 then on to moorings ,down to N side of bridge and back to # 6 = 1 stiffback. no one catching except for one boat loaded up on spot @ Sturgeon Bar. Still not certain where that bar is located...need help with that one!
Where can I launch a boat in this are? Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts