Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Plungers were quick to get out of the water today and not just because of cold water.:p The dreaded planer board shark was sighted close to the beach in search of tasty plungers.Lots of laughs and screams were heard.This fin was last seen headed toward the sewer pipe at 3 knots.:D Funny how it followed my boat around.The DNR officers even laughed-glad they didn't draw a gun and open fire.Tried jigging at the rockpile but 37-38* water temp meant no fish:( .Only saw a few blips on the meter at 15'-small silversides.Nice day-small craft warning was an OOPS-flat calm all day. That "shark" loved to cruise the beach. Skip

·
Registered
225 Posts
That was wet yourself funny. Some of the plungers found it histerical. I know I did. I was on the beach chaperoning my daughter and 7 of her friends and I found it so funny I started calling people and saying " Your never going to believe what Skip just did". Too funny and if you look at that 3rd pic, you'll see that planer board pratically on the beach. I had a good time with some really good kids who worked hard to raise some money for a good cause, but I'm certain Skip had a better time (even without the fish). Great entertainment Skip.

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
I saw you out there when I wnet in the water at about 2:15. It really was a wild day to say the least. Water was rather brisk. I went in 3 times for a photo op and raised over $700 for the cause. Thanks for the entertainment.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I saw you out there when I wnet in the water at about 2:15. It really was a wild day to say the least. Water was rather brisk. I went in 3 times for a photo op and raised over $700 for the cause. Thanks for the entertainment.
When Skip posted the update, this was the first I've heard of this event - - what chartiy was this for? AAA

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Skip,

That's really a "HOOT" ! !

How many lines were you working off that board ?

Were you trolling for thongs ? ?

I think we should noninate you for "mayor" of Sandy Point, since that place will never be the same.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
The event was called the Maryland State Police Polar Bear Plunge. It raises money for the Maryland Special Olympics. It had been advertised on WBAL radio & TV, and 98 Rock to name a few for the last few weeks and this year they had Polar Bears once an hour for 24 hours.

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
Absolutely priceless. It'll be a long time before someone can top that on. I loved it. I can see it now with everyone mounting shark fins on their planers this spring.:D

·
Premium Member
26,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Get the gaff-if you wet your pants-at least you were warm.:D

Fishing Frank-3 times-they weren't taking pictures after the second time-just wanted to see you dive in again.:p

Arlington-I got the camera but REM1224 is still helping me post them (by phone help line).:)

Riptide 1947-no lines out but I did almost snag an early plunger.;)

Capt. Skip-what fun is a surfer ?You yell SURFER and no one cares-you yell SHARK and people scream. Dude.:eek:

Skip

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hey skip next year get a blowup doll, ie inflatable person, and stick it about 3ft
in front of the shark fin, with a piece of pvc pipe, so the head is underwater, and the legs are going back and forth. I would definitely ho around for this.
Jason

1 - 20 of 21 Posts