Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this a while ago and got a lot of helpful info but never had a chance to get out and try anyone's advice. If anyone has any info at all about sharks near Deltaville and how to catch them (catch and release only) I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Wait until the croaker really begin to run. Catch a few, cut em up, and put em on the bottom. Chum can help, but ive caught a few when they chase hooked croaker around. They arent too picky, anything that looks like bait and is bloody theyll eat, especially live bait (ask any cobia fisherman) [grin]
JP
"KwikRelease"

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any good ideas of where to fish? Are they usually shallow or deep? Is there any particular charachteristics or patterns that they follow? Certain rigs to use? I'm assuming they're Sandbar sharks, how big do they get?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I always seem to catch them out on the edge of the shipping channel last year we got in to them heavy right next to 59a. most of them were about 24 inches or so but we were catching croaker two at a time and they were following the lines up and if the croaker was too small you caught a shark of half a croaker

1 - 4 of 4 Posts