Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We live in St. Marys County and visit Sharks Tooth Island on a regular basis. We have some friends that live in Fredericksburg VA and want to join us this weekend. Is there anywhere close on the Virginia side we could pick them up?

Thanks

·
Registered
259 Posts
Perfect. That will probably work. Thanks for the reply.
Yep. This is a good spot assuming your boat draft is minimal. Definitely avoid low tide in this area on your pickup and dropoff. Also, the road down to the ramp isn't marked with any ramp signs if memory serves and is a single lane undivided road so they will need to trust it is there.

An alternate is the Westmoreland State Park ramp 3 or 4 miles north. A little deeper and better pier but not protected at all from the wind so if it is blowing it could be a tricky landing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We live in St. Marys County and visit Sharks Tooth Island on a regular basis. We have some friends that live in Fredericksburg VA and want to join us this weekend. Is there anywhere close on the Virginia side we could pick them up?

Thanks
Not sure where in St. Mary's county that you keep your boat, but there is the Coles Point Tavern at Coles Point, the Coles Point Plantation Marina, and Bransons Cove Marina. All within about 7-8 miles downriver (or less?) from Sharks Tooth....sort of straight across from Tall Timbers. (Bransons Cove is a bit inside of the Lower Machodoc. All have "less dicey" approaches IMO than the currioman ramp (never been there but I know Currioman bay is tricky) and Westmoreland State park. I have used Westmoreland and it looks wide open but I recall a very shallow approach.

Not sure if the Tavern would mind if you used their pier for a pickup or not; you might need to buy a burger to go......but either the plantation marina or Bransons cove should be easy and deep.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm just above Tall Timbers. I will save these spots in my GPS for future reference. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
could have them go to the old eel plant off 202 mcguires warf . it would cut about 25 minutes off their travel all you need to do is shoot past shark tooth island
and run up in nomini creek and once you make the sharp right turn around red 10 it about 1/4 take 3 minutes from the island to get there

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.