Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if Shimano has plans to release a Calcutta 401B... it would be a left hand retrieve model. I'm currently looking at the Cardiff but really have my heart set on a Calcutta. Though the more I think of it... maybe I should just spring for the Calcutta TE 401.... only a measly $349.00 :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I'm not sure one way or the other. What I do know is that you can call Shimano customer service and they will tell you whatever you need to know. I've called a few times about different reel models and the guys were extremely helpful...Good Luck! I copied the info below from the Shimano website...

Customer Service Mission Statement

Shimano strives to provide you with the highest level of customer service and satisfaction. We strive to exceed your expectations and provide a memorable experience each time you need assistance. Whether you want to order parts and accessories or need us to repair your Shimano reel, our team of customer representatives will be eager to help you.

If sending your reel to Shimano directly, please call for verification on due date as some seasons experience high volume.

Consumer Technical and Product Support

United States 877-577-0600
6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday
Pacific Standard Time

On site customer support - Irvine office
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday
Pacific Standard Time

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
I believe Shimano already makes a left hand calcutta 401...I'd have to look to be sure

·
Registered
477 Posts
Take a look at the Luna line by Daiwa. The reels are almost identical. I have two of each & like one as well as the other, although the Luna drag is smoother in my opinion. The Luna is available in a left hand retrieve.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I asked Shimamo that same question last Oct. No plans to make the Calcutta 400 in
a left hand retrieve. I don't know why, I have the 201B and love it. A 401B would be
a grate reel for larger fish with out braking the bank.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
If you are wanting to spend that kind of money, look at the Avet website, every reel they make is available in a lefthand. I just bought a MXL 6/4 two speed and it is SCHWEET! All of my conventionals are LH, which is pretty much limited to Penns, 321's and 45 GLS. I may buy another Avet in the near future, they are very nice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.