Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just used my new stradic 2500 that I put 8lb power pro on trying to find a trout. I made about 30-40 casts and lost 6 lures from the bail closing while casting and snapping my lures off. I was only throwing 3/8-1/2 jig heads. The power pro was spooled to 1/8 of an inch from edge of spool. The bale did not flip on me every cast. An easy toss and it was ok but if I wanted to get some distance, that is when it would flip on me. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
contact Shimano on monday, probably a simple fix....and knowing Shimano it would be no charge....

·
Registered
267 Posts
Mine would do that when it gets crudded with salt. Your's shouldn't be doing that out of the box. Shimano will replace it w/o any question. I think your's has a problem that slipped through the assembly process.

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
Most of my stradics are at least a couple of years old, but I've found that all will close at times when you really lean into a snap cast. Its a design thing. (In fairness, quite a few reels from different makers do as well) It helps if you open the bail at 11 or 1 Oclock, and not at or near 12, I've found this with the 2500 more so than the other sizes, but they all do it, the sustain will cure that problem.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You were right Capt. Bob, I emailed shimano and they were great about telling me to send it to them and they would fix it under warranty. Its gotta go to California tho so thats about two weeks I guess Ill have to wait for it. Luckily I had my penn cleaned up at 17th street so Ill pick it up tomorrow. They do a great job for $12. Its worth it to people like me that always have parts left over when I take things apart ha ha.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brandon if you want to close this thread to make a little room for others you can, the subject is taken care of.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts