Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last fall I purchased a high quality rod and reel combo. The reel is a Shimano Stradic 5000 FJ. After just three trips, it is in near mint condition and is very smooth.

The reel is heavier than I would like for the way I fish. I prefer using a 3000 series reel instead. I am offering this reel for sale at $170 or I will trade for a new Stradic 3000 FJ. Retail is $209.99. I have the original box. The reel is spooled with green braid (I do not know the test strength).

Handheld power drill Drill Pneumatic tool Bicycle part Tool Tire Wheel Bicycle hub Crankset Bicycle Book Publication Finger Font Book cover

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Price reduction to $150

I have trolled with this reel from my kayak several times over the past two weeks and caught plenty of stripers with it. It is a very smooth reel but it is more power and more weight than I need for the fish I am catching. I would like to replace it with a Stradic 3000 series reel.

I hope someone out there has a need for a stronger reel.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I got your pm but it won't let me respond because it says my box is full and I can't delete messages using the phone app. I will respond later today when I get to a computer.

Very interested in the reel. Thanks.

-Ben

1 - 6 of 6 Posts