Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed to Fishing Bay Sat 3AM with 2 friends and my buddies lab.
Turned around at 3:30 to look for the key for my friends new mud motor. Left again at 4AM to head to Fishing Bay in the pouring rain and high wind. Travel was slow and we were at the ramp by 7:45, so much for the first light flight. Got set up and had a teal down in no time. We headed in at 12:30PM with 13 teal and 1 hen pintail. The shooting was outstanding as was the dog work. This was my first trip to fishing bay and it won't be my last. [smile][smile]

·
Registered
92 Posts
From the Western Shore, I reserved a blind on the Pax, got to Magruders Ferry at 05:15, the old lady who opens the gate got there a 06:15, and asked if it was hunting season. Got to the stake as the sun was coming up. No birds came close. Today got a Drake Mallard and a nice looking Bluewing Teal.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Red,

I dont want to spoil your good time but as a veteran FB ducker......Fishing Bay can show its public hunting side.

An awsome hunt one day and hardly a bird in the sky the next day.

Trailers lined up with people you swear never put a boat in the water before........of course Iam even a little rusty lately.

And all the other things that happen when people hunt too close to each other....but of course it is public land.........

The good thing about the teal is they dont mind a "professional sky buster" like a mallard does.......man I hate skybusters.

Ah...nothing like September teal, mosquitoes, and Fishing Bay mud on a hot day.

Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.