Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys as Im usually on the Bohemia to the flats I never really get to fish on the Susquehanna. I am looking to hit from shore as the boat is wrapped up for the winter. I would love to get a walleye as I have never caught one. Any suggestions would help.
Thanx in advance Mike

·
Registered
610 Posts
Buzz I read a couple months back that they were opening a new waterfront park up around the dam. Run a check on the main forum for the location.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
I fished wingo the past two saturdays... the water has been high, fast & muddy-fishermans park is not yet open. Birds were working the turbulance like mad, chopped up shad were coming to the surface... but the water was just too fast.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx for the heads up Hedjug, can you fish the dam through the winter? I have never fished this area from land and only once from a boat

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Yup, you can fish it all year. I wouldn't even think about trying for the next 2 weeks+, this rain we just had has all the creeks swelling. Now that I found the place, I am going to fish there more often. I really want to take a shot at the shad run off of deer creek (1 mile south of the dam). The park there has great access to the entire lower section of creek.

We should do a rats trip up there one morning.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts