Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed out the door to pick up my buddy to go hunting......hope the rain holds off and everyone has a great time.....this is what life is about...... [excited]

Report to follow....later

· Registered
49 Posts
hope you had some luck! i found mine @ 915 alone in a field strutting right where i left him a few hours before with ladies. the yelps and clucks from the treeline were more than he could stand!! 19 yds 20 lbs 9 oz 10 1/4 in beard 1 inch spurs. great way to start the year! hope everyone else found a lonely boy as well!!!

· Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Didn't score......but had one heck of a good time working a bird most of the morning. He would come as close as 5 yards but would keep brush between us and would never present himself. I do consider this a success, the bird was very responsive and very vocal the entire time. And after I decided to let the bird simmer down for another day, another hunter tried him w/o success so hopefully everyone will be considerate and let him live another week until I return from Texas and try him again....
HINT HINT HINT.... [wink]

· Registered
125 Posts
My brother and I set out Saturday morning to an area known for tons of birds. Before we could get out of the truck we had heard 4 gobbling on the roost all around us. Set up and at 7 am already had our first bird of the year. 9 inch beard, 18 lbs 1/2 in spurs.

Managed to set up on 6 other gobblers that day all of them had multiple hens with them so we had no success getting them in close. It was one of the best mornings of turkey hunting ever. Ended up seeing 28 turkeys that morning and was home by 10:30 am. Cant beat that.

Milo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.