Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like the bay is flat now. Should have gone fishing. Yea it's raining but no big deal. I'm sure if I launched now though, it would kick up.

Here is what the fishweather models showed for today.

Here is what NOAA says.

chesapeake bay from new point comfort to cape henry va-
1242 pm est sun nov 30 2008

...small craft advisory in effect through late monday night...

.this afternoon...s winds 10 to 15 kt. waves 3 to 4 ft. rain.
.tonight...s winds 15 to 20 kt...becoming sw after midnight. waves 3
ft...waves 3 to 4 ft at the mouth of the bay. periods of rain in
the evening...then a chance of rain after midnight.

Here is what it is doing now.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Figures huh Mike........Got to love the weather man............

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I'm just about ready to jump on the boat...Does look like some fog rolling in though. There were acres of birds and schoolies up to 25" yesterday afternoon just outside of little creek. Think I may go take a look...

Ed

G

·
Yuck - I'm out in Chesapeake and I can barely see the house across the street BUT I STILL WANT TO GO!!! Foggy.................

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I couldn't beleive it when I checked the winds this morning....but I also figured that
as soon as I got out there the winds would pick up and with a 18ft Parker I've got
to be a bit picky.... warm and calm, who would of believed it....

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
i went out today all alone & bagged the **** out of em!!!! no, not really, NOAA S.C.Adv. til monday nite. liar noaa!

·
Registered
128 Posts
After a good fishun day yesterday, I raced sailboats today out of the Hampton Yacht Club. Actually, we had a great race in the light air - got a second today which put us first overall for the series!

NO boats at all were seen fishing the M&M or Hampton flats.... but several groups of birds were having a good day!

Dave

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Yep, i had a dozen kickin crabs that wanted to go catch some togs and backed out because of the forcast, then got up this morning to a little rain but no wind, at 1400 i couldnt stand looking out at the flat calm lake in front of the house and hooked her up and headed for the ramp, was fishing at 1500 and didnt get the first tog but rockfish were biteing everywhere and they were nice fish from first island to the sbc, home a 1800

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
Awe you guys are wimps.:D
Braved the elements and ran out to the highrise for some eeling at 5. Seas weren't bad on the way out but the fog was. Radar and GPS came in handy and followed the bridge all the way. Drifted around a little as the tide was slack when we got there. Set up on some nice marks on the ocean side of the bridge once the tide started rolling in. Took a little while for the first bite...but after that it was ridiculous. Had 5 rods out for the two of us... our second bite was a quad. Managed to land em all. Slowly down sized the spread to 2 rods holding them. It was non stop... drop it down 15' and 30 seconds later battle a fish. Seas got rough as hell so packed it in around 10 for a long slow treck back to Lynnhaven. Lost track of the overall count, must have been around 30 fish. Kept 2 of the smaller ones...weighed 31lb and 37lb. Released many over 44" but nothing over 50. Got beat to death but the fishing was excellent....sore arms and back, going to bed!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts