Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eminent brothers,
As you may know, I've been lusting after a new Quantum Cabo PT 20 for some time now. I have a Cabo PT 30 and it's great, but; the size 20 would be even more greater. They have them over at Anglers, which is only 5 short minutes away from the old home 20. If the Rips were ripping I'm certain I'd have one by now. But I have a few problems to work out. Besides the reel I would need some new line to spool it....I'm thinking 15# Phantom Red PowerPro. And I would need a new rod....because I don't have any spare or extra spin rods. Where by hangs the problem.......I think I could risk an unauthorized procurement and sneek the reel and line past SWMBO. But sneeking new rods past SWMBO is more difficult and has gotten me into lots of trouble in the past. :nono: I'm still on double secrete probation for the unauthroized procurement of my Grundens jacket. :(( But I can hear the devil on my shoulder wispering in my good ear, while the I can even hear what the angel on my other shoulder is saying......... Needless to say things could get interesting around here if the devil wins :devil2:

·
Registered
4,753 Posts
Buy it all, leave it in your vehicle, when she leaves the mansion sneak it in and leave it with the rest of your gear, quite easy.:nono:

·
Registered
503 Posts
Just do it! I love mine! There is a possibility that you may take a beat down from SWMBO, but you two have a really weird relationship anyway, I will keep an eye on the upcoming episodes of Cops to see how it all works out! Remember to wear an old nasty undershirt so not to break out of the wife beater stereotype! I have seen some real mean ladies on that show. ;)

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
John, just back from the Keys, I spooled my six Stradics, ( they come with an extra spool) all with Red Power Pro. The 2500's got 20lb and the 4000's got 40 lb. Had a wind knot from each of them, within the first ten casts, but that ALWAYS happens after respooling. Other than that Red PP worked well. Had a few admirers at the dock who had never seen before. Looking in the crystal waters of Florida, I couldn't see the damn line. So I think its worth a try.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Just do it. I would bet SWMBO is sneaking/or already snuck a few purchases past you while you were chasing your passion (fishing). Just let us know how sweet that reel really is.

·
Registered
8,845 Posts
GB-

If you fell in love with that reel, by all means buy it now. You should not deny yourself. We never have enough tackle.

I have the Cabo PT 30 and looked at the 20's but do not think either of them is special. I love the ported SS handle and the magnetic bail works well but they seem clumsy compared to the Slammer 260's which are more compact. Their multi-step indestructible finish is peeling off of my Cabo PT 30 in one year.

I used my Chinese 260's last Wed and for some reason they seem smoother than the US version.

The idea of leaving in the truck until the proper moment seems like a winner to me.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
Forget about what the angle said and go for it.You can always hide it in your other fishing stuff..Do it and do it now !if you don't do it your lust for the Cabo 20 will never be satisfied :devil2:

·
Registered
477 Posts
OHHHHH Greybeard I just figured it out here is the answer to ALL your SWMBO woes about what you want to purchase and do. Get in tight with the Wish-A-Fish management and have them buy everything you want then you can buy it form them and use it as a tax cecuxtion for a worth cause and maybe SWMBO will be more understanding after all it is for the KIDS :clap: :clapping2:

Benny

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Brother Graybeard, You have a frigging WA for gods sake. Just put it in the cabin. I doubt she goes looking in there much. Then when you go fishing you're set.

BTW what the yeck is all this excitement over a spinning reel?

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Eminent brothers
Well I hate to admit this but today is my birthday and I was thinking about the Cabo PT 20 as a present to myself.......since I didn't get anything from SWMBO. At least I got a card from Bludworm....had to bring him out last night for him to get it. SWMBO's got a sinus infection, so; she's been on the warpath more then usual this weekend. I did go to Anglers under the pretense I was going out for some decaf coffee, but; for some unknown reason.........I didn't buy it. SWMBO got on me right away and wanted to know what took so long. (insert close call icon here) I did go back later only to find out they close at 6:00 on Saturday. Old age must be catching up to me faster then I thought. But Sunday's another day!!!!

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
439 Posts
John, maybe if you sell off some of the old stuff to me for pennys on the dollar,swmbo will never notice;-)

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
OHHHHH Greybeard I just figured it out here is the answer to ALL your SWMBO woes about what you want to purchase and do. Get in tight with the Wish-A-Fish management and have them buy everything you want then you can buy it form them and use it as a tax cecuxtion for a worth cause and maybe SWMBO will be more understanding after all it is for the KIDS :clap: :clapping2:

Benny
Benny - You musta been reading my mind......not too difficult , of course ! !:D

Prince Greybeard - :nono: , be careful using WAF to extinguish your "lust", ; however, since I've been working with the " FUND_RAISING Committee" for this year's event.......I think that to smooth the ripples with SWMBO, that "just" possibly I could help you "pull this one off" ! ! :thumbup:

Hint coming ( just in case you missed it) - notice the bold underline key words above !
Hope you are not :confused: :confused: yet ? ?

2nd hint here - A little grease will make the wheels turn easier for you, and your lust could be history, at least temporarily.......Now O'Princely one your only question is........

DEAL......OR NO DEAL ? ? ?

Sorry, the devil made me say it :clapping2: :clapping2: :clapping2:

Tune in tomorrow.......for the newest continuing saga of " As the wheels turn ...in Greybeards head ! " And to find out if he will make that deal ? ? ?

Ed

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
This is really strange cause' I told my wife I wanted a new Cabo pt20 and a new Parker 23SE and she went out and bought me both of them........:D :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts