Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Need some help here. Does anyone know anything about this sonar unit. It comes in a single or dual frequency mode. This is already installed on a recently purchased boat, but wondering if it should be changed/upgraded as we know NOTHING about this unit. What are your thoughts folks? Here is a link to the manufacturer's website if you'd like to take a look:

http://www.impulsetech.com/crtfishfinders.html

As always, your input is informative and much appreciated.

Sam

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just threw mine in the trash. It is a good unit but you cannot see it in any kind of sunlight. It is dual freq-50/200. The transducer for mine was glassed into the bottom of the boat and is a radarsonic unit. I replaced it with a furuno 620 which will work with that transducer and a eight pin to ten pen conversion cable. If you want a manual for it you can order one from sitex for ten bucks. It is a $500+ unit but BW in Hampton has some for $299 that they can't give away because of the sunlight problem and the complicated menu. FWIW

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a CRT unit in my boat and don't have a sunlight isue. The unit is somewhat complicated and I had to call the factory several times to get clarification because I found the owners manuel to be useless. If it works ok, use it and see what you think. The CRT versions have been around for years. Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts