Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Fellas time to do our good deeds.

I've already signed up my boat and my wife for shore help.
Who's with me??:bigfish: :fishing2: :clap:

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
Debbie and I are already signed up. I made the first meeting but missed last week's since I went to the hospital to see the old guy. I'm already in for a tent, photo printer, generator if I can bring it back to life (Dae is bringing one also). Ed (rem...) gave me some flyers to hit some restaurants to see if I can get some meal discounts for the captains.

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Debbie and I are already signed up. I made the first meeting but missed last week's since I went to the hospital to see the old guy. I'm already in for a tent, photo printer, generator if I can bring it back to life (Dae is bringing one also). Ed (rem...) gave me some flyers to hit some restaurants to see if I can get some meal discounts for the captains.
Hey Bob,I have a Brand new Generator I need to put some hrs. on if ya' can't get yours going.[Mike]....Oh,I'll be there ,no doubt!

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
Mike, my son had a generator that's been sitting under cover in the back yard for a few years. I haven't needed it so it's been sitting. I know it's got a Honda engine so hopefully I can get it running - hopefully it doesn't need parts because my pressure washer has a Honda engine and carb parts cost a fortune. I'll also have to test the generator for dirty power, I've got the tools. Today's electronics can't handle much abuse and I'm not crazy about frying a $250 printer.

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Mike, my son had a generator that's been sitting under cover in the back yard for a few years. I haven't needed it so it's been sitting. I know it's got a Honda engine so hopefully I can get it running - hopefully it doesn't need parts because my pressure washer has a Honda engine and carb parts cost a fortune. I'll also have to test the generator for dirty power, I've got the tools. Today's electronics can't handle much abuse and I'm not crazy about frying a $250 printer.
What do you use to check the voltage...A "SiLLY' scope??

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
I can get a scope from work or make a filter. I looked at the generator when I got home from working the WAF table and it looks like ****. Could be trouble. Dae is bringing his generator, you might want to toss yours in the truck. We'll work out the details as July gets a little closer.

Spoke to a bunch of people today that said the WAF website is tempermental and others didn't have problems. We got a lot of good responses today and several people want to sign up their boats. Should be a huge event this year. Got a very nice private donation today too.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I'll be there for sure. Not sure about my son and wife but more than likely yes.

Here to help with whatever needs done. Shore or boat- boat is better of course but either way.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey bret you could mate on my boat brother.

Dave

·
Premium Member
17,405 Posts
Not to be negative but didn't we have Skip to our meeting last year and volunteered all our boats to take the kids out and were told thats great thanks and when it got time for the deal we were just shore *****es,put up and clean up !!!!! I guess you know I wasn't to pleased with that deal !! If you noticed there were only charter boats and Grady Whites in the deal ???? Not one of us were asked to bring a boat for the event!!!! Just my 02

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
It was a crappy deal last year but I think Skip got educated. I think the big problem last year was that the event was put together in 5 weeks and Skip really had no idea what he was doing. Compounding the problem is the fact that he's not getting any support from 2 of the 3 board members - the third isn't really any help either but he did show up at the end. Al B has been providing guidance from VA, no local support. Last year 15 families signed up and only 13 showed up. There were boats left over, we took one and went fishing for a while. This year the goal is up to 35-45 families since we got an early start and word is being circulated around the hospitals. This year all boats will get a CG Aux inspection too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts