Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made the run to eastern shore today in search of my 1st cobia, and yes after alot of hearing bout these strong beast I got my first 1 today. It hit the scales at 35# and was 48"in lenght. To go along w/ mr. brown suit we had 3 runs, 4 rays, 2 sharks, croaker, blue, sea mullet, and crabs. Cut the belly open to see what this beast had in its belly and found crabs and croaker. ALL action today came on cut menhaden. Also used live croaker and eels w/ nothing.

I feel lucky to get one on my first time out to target this species to unknown territory, but mate and I stuck it out and eventually paid off.

Spanish at windmill is the goal for sunday. Will be on 68 if anyone else is out there.

pepsi man[excited][excited]

·
Registered
579 Posts
Way to go on getting your first cobia.
Local reports from the NNAC meeting tonight were that there were bluefish on Windmill Bar but few Spanish. Hope you can find the Spanish and give us a positive report tomorrow.
Tom

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
397 Posts
I'm on my way out the door now. I'll see you at Windmill Bar.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Way to go Pepsi man - hope my crew doesn't read this as when we discovered that the tide was dead this is what they wanted to do, but I insited that the flounder bite was just about to start.. and then the storms came saving me from a sure mutiny and a long swim in a fresh chum slick ...

Feeshon Aboard the Jezebel II[grin]

·
Registered
573 Posts
Congrats on the Cobe, good talkin w/ ya- we ended up with one 50" long, 39 lbs- caught during the same tidal stage as yours, and 5 mins before we were going to head in b/c of the storms. The addition of that cobia into our time table made for an intersting ride home. Find any macks?
JP
"KwikRelease"

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tried for the macks today in the washing machine w/ no luck. Did run up to the bridge for some spot and croaker. On the limp home, in a strong NW wind the report on the radio was the macks were at Dymer creek in 28-35 ft. of water. They were hitting silever/green and green/ yellow. Reporter stated they were 16-20" in lenght. I really wanted to try and pick some up but could feel the waves getting ready to come over the bow, so did not stop. Do know were I will start wednesday/thursday though, for this is right out my back door.[grin][grin]

pepsi man

1 - 9 of 9 Posts