Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a "public" access point for launching a canoe/yak in this pond ?

Don't ask why please.

Thanks !!

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
JM I don't think their is one. all of the land is privet. I don't think any one will let you put a yak in. It is a waterfoul refuge. And most around it are reelly protective. I see paddle boats, canoes and yaks on shore at some places. The next time i'm up that way I'll ask. You have me interested now. I have all ways looked at it wondering if you could fish it. I was told once you can't. but that was from some one who lives on it.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I've seen people fishin' the other lake off Oliver St. I believe there is even a pedestrian use walk-way (fishing pier) along the road over it on the main drag. The lines in the water I've seen in Silver Lake came from the waterfront properties.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Walt, for you I'll splain it.... Carp !! ... it's chocked full of them. And then there's little
Gerar Lake in town. It has a fishing pier, but the last time I was up there you could not
walk around the shoreline ... they were planting special ground-cover. Wonder if that
reg has been lifted ?

·
Registered
302 Posts
I was looking at an aerial view of the lake earlier, does anyone know whats at the western end of the lake? Is it a school, or a park? Its got a couple of baseball diamonds, what looks like an outdoor pool, some tennis courts (in red) and a couple of buildings? Looks like you might be able to launch behind the northernmost building where it looks like there's a break in the trees. Might be worth a look-see.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RB, we think alike... I did the exact same recon via satellite and wondered the same thing.
Dang satellites can really help out at time. Found a couple "off main drag" spots in Florida that way that produced well ... and the only other anglers had long skinny legs and wings.

JM3

·
Registered
88 Posts
Some of the fly club members fish Lake Gerar and dfo well on carp. They fish from the bridge over the 2 lakes.
Rick

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
hey JM I got some carp flies.:thumbup: Man if nothing else we will sneak in. bwahahaha:yes: I'll be up that way tommow. I'll see what I can find out.

Hey rick you stay down the inlet. let us pro's handle the carp. bwahahahaha:eek: :D

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
bwahahaha:thumbup: Just wait till I tell the guys at the tackle shop on sat. morning what you are really doing. ;) :yes: :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts