Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I'm new to TF and wanted to see if anyone can tell me how to find out if I can get a spot on a charter boat out of Solomon's tomorrow. Also, I know this is a dumb question but can anyone tell me exactly what HO means? I get that it is someone who wants to go out who isn't the captain but wasn't sure how experienced you need to be and what is expected of an HO. Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
26,256 Posts
Give Capt. Greg a call 301 873-1327 - he has a spot most likely still open for Tuesday.

HO is a TF play on words - it stands for Helper Onboard or Hands On but since we will all do most anything to fish - we are "HO's" :D.

HO's go out on private boats when the owner needs a crew or the HO does not have a boat.It works out great for everyone.Most times guys pitch in to cover fuel/bait/etc and help clean the boat up after fishing.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Hoing is a great way to do some boat fishing if you dont have a boat as well as learning other fishing tecniques that you are unfamilier with on your own boat. As afr as experience....non is reqired just make sure the Capt. is correctly made aware of your abilities before hand. Search Ho etiquette for a good list of do's and dont's.

Bill

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help -- I called Greg and he may have a spot for me. Also thanks for the info on HO'ing - have to be careful using that term outside of TF ;-)! I have a 24' Boston Whaler but am new to fishing the Chesapeake and thought that a combination of going out on some charter's and HO'ing may help with the learning curve.

·
Premium Member
26,256 Posts
You got a great boat for the bay and there are some great HO's that will be sure to hop on your rig and teach you some trolling tactics.

·
Registered
535 Posts
DJ one or two people and we will be in tomarrow .I have fished with Greg and Andrew before and they work hard and you will learn alot

·
Tidal Fish Commerical Subscriber- I Support Tidal
439 Posts
Still need a few more anglers, to make tomorrow a go

As of right now I have three anglers confirmed.....

David Doss

Don

Don Pyles

We still need three more or at least two more to make it a go.

Thanks and Please call me at the number below to get on the trip for tomorrow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts