Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an older Sitex sounder (came on a 1998 Grady) and have the operation manual but can't find any info on my question. The unit I have has a separate toggle for a narrow or wide beam that the transducer is plugged into and then a another cable that plugs into the unit.

My question is...how do I change the frequency? The manual says that it has 50, 120, and 200 but does not say how to isolate each frequency. Does the wide/narrow beam represent the 50 vs. 200 frequency. If so, what happens to the 120 Freq. even though it is a little older I know it is a good unit according to everyone I talk to about it. Love some help this evening so I can go play with it a little tommorrow. Thanks.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have used that unit in the past several other charter capts still us that unit and swear the older ones are better than the new ones.... As far as i recall until about 5-6 years ago the cvs106's were 120khz. i have never seen an older one with a beam selector.

What i do with my fish finder ,right or wrong, is that i never change any settings ever except depth of course, and if you want to see me get mad... start pushing buttons on my depth finder. I leave everything the same everyday so that i can detect the minor differances that somtimes make a differance. It doesn't seem to matter that much for finding rockfish... they are pretty easy to identify and most any machine. but the minor differances like telling the differances, between spot, white perch, anchovies, and bottom clutter. i don"t really know if i even answer your ?? but hopefully the info was helpful.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts