Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
There were lots of Kayaks in Owls Creek and Rudee this weekend. Bluefish were the fish of the day. Small flounder were being caught off the rocks, where the channel splits into going in the ocean and Richmans inlet. I fished Friday night and caught a 4-5 lb blue off the first island leaving Owls Creek going to Rudee, and then Satuday was Bluefish again at the bridge pylons and off the same island again. I went out Saturday night and ran into a kayaker and his son, and he caught small flounder at the rock point at Richmans inlet and I caught the same thing in behind him til 22:00. Saturday morning a boater caught a 20" flounder down that wall on the left going into Rich Mans inlet. The Dory man was catching Striper and Blues under the VBMSM and so were a few others. Jay was in his red Yak and left Saturday night with 2 blues and a flounder. I also heard that Thursday someone in a white Kayak caught a 36 inch Cobia back in Owls Creek past the VBMSM but it broke his line after a long battle. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was out there Saturday AM with Luke and my Dad who was visiting from Florida. We got a few bites but no fish in the boats. I was hoping to show my dad how much fun landing a fish in a kayak can be. He had a good time anyway.

Dave

·
Registered
255 Posts
If the tree falls in the woods and no one hears it, did it make a noise. I did not see him catch the cobia. I do not know if he got it to the boat. I myself caught a nice Bluefish Friday night, and got him beside the boat, and he broke the line, so stuff happens.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I spent most of the weekend at OWLs, caught my first spec of the year, a few 3 flounder and a 6-10 blues. I caught them all on yozurri minnows. I have been throwing them at the shore line with very a slow retrieve. hope it helps.

Jay

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thanks for the reports. I was planning to take the wife there this past weekend but we ended up at the Northwest for a nice paddle and some fishing. Didn't catch much, few crappie,sunfish and perch most on beetle spins. Hopefully I can get her out there soon. Shes taken to this Yak stuff more than I would have thought so looks as if the weekends will be spent on calmer waters. I dont think she'll ever work up to the nighttime bridge thing though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.