Tidal Fish Forum banner

Skunk b/n Annap and Matapeake

Fishing Report 
2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  goinsfishin 
#1 ·
Fished 3-6 pm with my son. THe goofy 6 rod spread produced nothing. 44 degree water, saw many marks in 70-100'. maybe it was an odd tide? Had a nice shakedown cruise. It calmed down nicely. saw no gannets. maybe the water water too cloudy. there were some reports of catching at BPL. too bad PSCR has gotten so covert/silenced. Netters, Va and Nc having their way with them...

#2 ·
I was in the same area for a couple of hours yesterday afternoon - picked up one fish about 38 or so on the deep chartreuse line. Picked it up in about 75' on the edge. I saw the better marks on the western edge of the deep hole off matapeake.

It sure got nice out there the later it got.

#3 ·
I fished the BP area yesterday, saw a lot of marks around 35'-50', but couldn't get anything to take my bait. I had two small unbrellas, and 4 tandems... all boat rods, no boards. I will more than likely be out this weekend again, will more than likely run my starboard board if we get a decent day.

No fish this weekend, but as you said, it sure was a nice day out there!

#6 ·
Thanks for the report! The water appears to be a hair to cold still. I've read that 52* is the magic number; someone please correct me if this is bogus. I'd like to take a spin this Sunday, and I will be happy if the bay lays down and the motor starts. A C&R knockdown would be a bonus. Good luck to all!

Don

#9 ·
Don't rely on water temps to start fishing, the fish are there! eveyone knows their deep, so adjust for it. As the water temps rise, so will the fish, they just become more active....Like lilly said, 52-55 is nice....Here's another tip (Don't let your friends put out the spread, cause you know they stop counting after 3 bars) :hysterical:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.