Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got trolling lines in at 7:45am near #9 buoy. Trolled past #7 down to near Pt.Lookout. Talked to garry21cc (TidalFish member) and they were catching fish out in bay near buoy #70. So I decided to head that way. Got lines back in and trolled around and no fish caught. Talked with and trolled by Fullpage and gary21cc while out there. Ran back into the River and started trolling again by #7 and up to #9 with lines out of water at 4:15pm. Also talked with CoanRanger who caught a fish while reeling lines in. Long day, no fish, morning weather rainy and bouncy, afternoon weather great and calm. Picture below of my version of Skunk:

good thing I do not buy ice

·
Registered
29 Posts
Dave, Sorry to hear, but you were not the lone skunker.Got a late start at 930 trolled from Coles Pt. downriver zigzaging channel edge in 40ft of water then crossed river over to Piney Pt./St George area and headed back up river on Md.side passed Gas dock etc.My spread was something similiar to what Capt. Skip posted last week Chart. daisey chain 6in shad 8oz 200 ft. - double rigged storm lures 6in top 9in bottem(all I had) 12 oz.175ft - large chart umbrella rig 6in bucktails 20oz 100ft - large glitter chart umbrella 9in(also all I had) 240z 70ft.Hate to admit ,but I've yet to hook a fall Rock in 5 years.Any advice would be appreciated. Good thing gas is coming down!
Mike

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ditto on the skunk-ola saturday morning.

Marked a lot of fish around the #7 buoy all morning, but no takers. It didnt seem like there was much current running in that area all morning. Saw some dinks getting reeled in by the chummers, but trolled the area from #7 to Pt Lookout with no knockdowns.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sunday or Skunkday

Got a late start about 10am, trolled a zig zag pattern along the channel edge from Herring Creek to St. George, then crossed to the Va side trolled the channel edge, back across to Point Lookout up the Md side zig zag along the edge. 2 char umbrellas on the outriggers with 12 oz in line weights, 2 white umbrellas with 20 oz inline way back and bucktail with shad and 18' tube lure on downriggers at about 30 feet.
tossing topwaters lures off the front, nada.
at 4:30 pulled the lines and while heading to the barn, starboard engine **** the bed, limped home on one engine, put on a show trying to back in to the slip with only one engine
The few guys still around Tall Timbers said nobody there had any luck.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Pew

Saturday, we also stunk the place up. Trolled south of the light house......nothing, trolled north of the light house.....nothing. Did manage one baby fish east of the light house. Even tried a bit o live lining.......nothing. Got a wet a$$ but have to say we still had a good day. :clapping2:

I guess thats why they call it feeshin.

Good luck to all and keep the posts commin.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts