Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I support TidalFish.
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The crew today was Steve (goinsfishin), Bing (buddabud) and Steve's buddy Bowie. The plan was to see if we could find some spot and go to the bridge. This is the first time I have been back to the bridge in a year.

For spot we went out front by #1. We found some but not many. The perch were there in force with some nice sized ones. We went on up to Dollys and only found a few there as well.

We worked the WSRP with not much success. Went over to the eastern shore side and fished some pilings. Bing has one bite on a spot but no hook up. Was going to fish the ESRP but there were too many boats there. Went to the sewer pipe and did jig up a couple of blues.

Left the bridge and went to Brickhouse but nothing there. The last place we tried was TPL. I ran the boat as the others threw jigs and spot. The current was cracking. With me holding the boat still into the current the paddle wheel said the water was moving at 1.7 - 2 mph. Bing caught one rock on a BKD.

I think this is my last livelining trip. It will be jigging or trolling from here on out. There were alot more boats out today than there has been lately.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Jerry, sounds like the spot just up and moved in the last few days. Fun while it lasted...I think I'm gonna try one more time then try some Jigging...at least you got out!

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
It sounds like you put some miles on the boat and you did catch some fish WTG and thanks for the report. You sound like me, holding the boat while others fish and they catch the fish. Thanks for all the advice last night and I'm glad I listen to ya. :thumbup: By the way glad the “New” rod worked for you, just can’t wait until you get a nice hog on the other end to see what kind of action it has.

·
Premium Member
26,107 Posts
Not sure- just my opinion but in the cooler water-it seems the Spot are not as "frisky".I feel the frantic action of a Spot calls the Rockfish over to them.

Sounds like you gave it 100% try :thumbup:. Looks like you got the right idea and time to LTJ or troll.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Thanks for the invite Jerry......we gave it a good shot.
Fine WX and good company....
Now we just need to put more fish in the box....
Trolling Time !!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Jerry,

Thanks for taking us out. I had a great time and got to fish some new areas around the BB. I don't know how you keep the boat steady around TPL with that current ripping at 1.7 knots but it was a learning experience for me. We'll get em trolling next time.

Bing

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Hey Jerry,
You waited a couple of weeks too long to head north. The bite as you saw is getting real tough. Still....any day on the water is a good day................................Mark

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Not sure- just my opinion but in the cooler water-it seems the Spot are not as "frisky".I feel the frantic action of a Spot calls the Rockfish over to them.

Sounds like you gave it 100% try :thumbup:. Looks like you got the right idea and time to LTJ or troll.
It definitely looks like live lining is over for this year. I can't wait to use what I learned this year next spring. It is such a rush to feel that spot going breserk on the end of your line! :)) Thanks again Skip for teaching me the ropes and for fine tuning my game. :thumbup:

It looks like it will be time to break out the storms and the sassy shads to troll the bay, and to put some curly tails on the spinning rods to "drag the piers" in the Magothy. Hopefully, the fall will be as good as the spring and summer has been.

Now only if this bloody wind will lay down. The trees outside of my window are dancing the macarena right now, it looks like 15-20 knots easily. :eek2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts