Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a first-timer out on the flats with me this morning and though it was slow he was able to hook into and land 2 fish. In total we ended up with 3 schoolies landed and 2 missed. Not much of fight in them with the water being so cold... just about everywhere we went was 47 degrees.

Late morning we thought we'd try for some white perch up on the Susky but as it turns out there was nothing happening. The lady in the Port Deposit tackle shop said the cold water pushed them out of the area. Even the netters weren't getting them.

Here's my buddy with his biggest of the day:

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
63 Posts
Shaggy, that is one beautiful picture. Glad you had a good day. It was tough out there today for most of us. My lovely wife and I didn't make it to the water til about 2 Pm and only had about 2 1/2 hours to fish. Stayed within about 500 yds of the barge in 49* water. Had no takers and saw no else catching.

BRR on the Just reward

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
Shaggy, that is a beautiful picture. That water doesn't look like Flats water, it looks so blue. I am afraid it won't look like that much longer.

Mike caught the same size fish yesterday. No big ones.

Ele

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hey shaggy,

talked to you on the radio... we had the big skunk! My dad and step son ate bananas for breakfast.. we had no chance!!
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ele - I stopped in and picked up a couple of those fold up maps from you before going out in the morning (along with some BA's). They're really nice!!!

monman11 - Good talking with you out there. I bet that Skeeter bay boat in your sig is awesome on the flats. Wish I would have gotten a glimse of it!

·
Registered
229 Posts
shaggy,

I couldn't ask for a better flats boat. I have the 101 riptide trolling motor on the bow. Can get into 18 inches of water and it tops out at 59 mph. I have had it out in the delaware bay in 5 footers and survived.... (don't want to do that again)
When are you going to try it again?

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
monman11 - Depending on what the condition are after this storm I'll probably try again on Saturday. I'll be keeping a close eye on the reports all week.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.