Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had planned on fishing 3 days this week for Flounder & Red Drum in the Sea Side Villages of Virginia. I stopped at several Sea Side villages to check things out. Gargathy, 3 boats at the launch but no on to talk to. Wachapreague - There's a Flounder Tourney this week so do't expect to find any vacancies for a room.I spoke with a few boats coming back from Tuesdays fishing and they said they caught a few fish(4 fish for 3 fishermen) Monday but got skunked Tuesday .The same skunk for another boat.Quinby-no boats out. The channel has shifted in recent years, filling in some of my favorite spots and there are no Coast Guard channel markers that I could see other than the Quinby Harber entrance "13" marker.A few white pvc pipes are in place by locals marking the shallow channel outside of the Harbor. A small skiff leaving to fish Black Drum for the night bite at the Barrier Islands said it was a waste of time Flounder fishing. Willis Wharf-No boats at the launch but I did see a crabber pulling pots in a distance in the marsh. Wise Boat ramp-no one was flounder fishing. As of Tuesday, April 28th. it didn't look good.Maybe the Flounder fishing will pick up soon?

·
Registered
11,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yesterday(Wednesday) was a great weather day.The surface temp. jumped above 60 with light winds in the afternoon off Kiptopeake where we were fishing Bull Reds and the water was fairly clear.The day before was a differen't story .You have to pick your days for a shot at best results .especially this time of year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts