Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had a couple on my boat today that had actually bought my last boat. these two live in CA, they were over here visiting family and gave me a call to fish the bay. we left the dock around 7 this morning with fishing breakers on my mind. ran to the bay to find some leftover seas from yesterday, but that wasnt gonna stop us at all. went on the prowl for breakers to find little to no bird activity but plenty of good marks. fished them for a while with little to no action. picked up some blues, but nothing to brag about. fished the bay til about 1030 then decided to try plan b. well plan b didnt work, neither did plan c-z. finally on plan aa, we got on some good fishing. these fish were suspended around some structure and the action was fast and steady. fished for about an hour there where we jigged up 60-70 rock, mostly keeper size, and about 50 nice perch. ended the day on a strong note.:thumbup:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Dear Chatreuse Royalty, It is traditional to give at least a hint as to where you were fishing. You told us you had to change plans, but you only hinted as to what those plans were. Here's the deal. You get to brag about your fishing success, if you give us a least a little info. Capiche?

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Kyle- glad you guys got into them today. Sorry for not being able to make it out this morning. Gonna ask Dad about his schedule this week and hopefully try to put something together soon.:fishing2:

·
Registered
824 Posts
Dear Chatreuse Royalty, It is traditional to give at least a hint as to where you were fishing. You told us you had to change plans, but you only hinted as to what those plans were. Here's the deal. You get to brag about your fishing success, if you give us a least a little info. Capiche?
He's a guide. His business is built on fishing areas that others may not even know about. His purpose on reporting is basically advertising. I don't think he needs to tell people where he is fishing.

Mike

·
Premium Member
26,288 Posts
Way to stick it out and catch a nice bunch of fish :clapping2::clapping2:.

He gave plenty of clues- if you fish that area :thumbup:. Think about it for a minute - you know Perch do not go into the main bay right now ;-).

·
Registered
480 Posts
Way to stick it out and catch a nice bunch of fish :clapping2::clapping2:.

He gave plenty of clues- if you fish that area :thumbup:. Think about it for a minute - you know Perch do not go into the main bay right now ;-).
Where are the perch now then? I can go into the main bay now and fill my boat with them in a short period!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i will second the notion for solomons area. but keep in mind the solomons area is big!!!!! and these fish were together in about a 50 yd area, once out of that area, not a bite. those who have fished with me most likely know where i was at. skip i got a pic of a few of those "monster white perch" i just need to get my computer back together so i can post them.

·
Banned
859 Posts
posts are deigned to sell future trips, i.e. "its hot right now-book ASAP!", not to provide substansive info on time, tide, structure,technique etc...stuff like Capt Brady will tell you.

edit: my guess is the pressure side of pt patience or perhaps in a lil eddie on the non pressure side.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
both places are good guesses and at times hold good fishing!! i will tell you this, there were 4 other boats around me that i could talk to without raising my voice and out of the 4 boats i saw one person boat a fish. this area is not a secret spot tucked away somewhere, you just have to know how/when to fish it. went right by it early in the morning knowing that the fish would be there later as a back up plan.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts