Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crewed up and trailered the boat down to OCMD to overnight in the Washington. The plan was to day chunk, bigeye troll in low light, and deep drop / bail dolphin as needed. The traffic was bad on the ride down which pretty much took the day troll off the table. Finally got to the tip at 6-ish and decided to just put out the spread. Got a decent gaffer right off the bat as we worked towards the hole. Once we got there we see a few boats hooked up, but they're all chunkers. By this point we are committed to the big bite but cursing the traffic that kept us from having time to chunk. Very slow troll, but decent signs of life with pretty active whales and solid marks. Nothing on the troll and didn't see any other boats hook up. Disappointing. We had some optimism about chunking at night, but it was slow with not much going on and nothing in the lights. Got up on the troll again before dawn, but it was dead and there weren't enough whales to attempt to chunk so picked up to run to hit balls and deep drop. Hit a blue line spot and got a bunch of those with some sea bass mixed in. Ran a little bit and came on some high flyers with good sized dolphin on them. They were finicky, but we managed to pick off three more decent sized ones, fun on light tackle. We were near a golden spot I've been wanting to try, so dropped a rod there and as soon as it hit bottom we had two goldens on. Made 2 more drops and got bit both times, and brought up one more. The crew wanted to play with dolphin, so we went searching for more balls but the fish wanted nothing to do with us after that, so ran to the ramp. Fun trip, but very disappointing troll bite.

Fin Seafood Fish Marine biology Fish products

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice load of meat! Had some of our golden tile last night for the first time...damn good fish.
We did a side by side comparison with blue lines and goldens last night (blues are one of my wife's favorites). I slightly preferred the goldens, but she thought they were equally good, just different. Both good eats to be sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts