Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard the stripers were not biting this weekend but I had hoped someone had found them and had a good report?[shy]

·
Registered
91 Posts
Mike,
Caught a few Friday evening off from the house, Saturday we were out tuna fishing, filled the freezer with steaks. Tried yesterday evening right off from the canal entrance and managed two keepers in about an hour. Called it quits just before dark.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I fished Sunday with a cousin from Raleigh and my 6yo son. We fished from sunrise till 130 pm between the blimp hanger and Brickhouse point . We caught 9 stripers and 2 white perch,mostly jigging and casting to breaking fish. Two of the stripers were over 20" and made it to the dinner table. Had alot of boats chasing birds after 8am and didn't see too many boats picking up fish trolling. The bigger fish were caught in 8' of water and the most productive bait was a 5" storm. It has slowed down a little from the last time I was out , but I think the amount of boat traffic yesterday was a factor.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks mike,joe. I got 3 reports today from folks that caught a few bumping stumps but no big schools with birds yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts